On the 9th September the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal suspended Michael Schwartz for 5 years for reasons unknown. The suspension is suspended, subject to compliance with the conditions imposed.
This notification relates to a Decision to prosecute before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. This is an independent Tribunal which reaches its own decision after considering all the evidence, including any evidence put forward by the Respondent. The Tribunal had certified that there was a case to answer.
The matter was heard on 8 and 9 September 2016.
The Tribunal ordered that Mr Schwartz be suspended from practice as a solicitor for a period of 5 years from the 9 September 2016, but that the suspension be suspended for 5 years from the same date subject to compliance with the following restrictions imposed by the Tribunal on the Respondent’s practice as a solicitor.
During the five year period of suspension the Respondent may not:
1. Practise as a sole practitioner or sole manager or sole owner of an authorised or recognised body;
2. Be a partner or member of a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), Legal Disciplinary Practice (LDP), or Alternative Business Structure (ABS) or other authorised or recognised body;
3. Be a Compliance Officer for Legal Practice or a Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration;
4. Hold client money;
5. Be a signatory on any client account;
6. Work as a solicitor other than in employment approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
The Respondent shall immediately inform any actual or prospective employer of these conditions and the reasons for them.
The Prankster suggests that any person who has information that Michael Schwartz is breaking these conditions contacts the Solicitors Regulatory Authority.
The Parking Prankster