As huge numbers of parking charges are not valid (around 85% of appealed charges are cancelled according to statistics provided by ParkingEye and POPLA) this means that people who have done nothing wrong have their lives ruined by irresponsible parking companies.
The Law Gazette has reported that the MoJ are now investigating the problem.
The Prankster suggests the following solutions
- Parking company code of practice to require a confirmation of address if no reply is ever received
- A one year time limit on parking charge claims
- Courts to send out claim forms by registered mail
- Set-aside fee to be set to the same as claim fee (£25) when no claim form was received
- Courts to strike out parking claims where the particulars of claim fail to meet practice directions
The Prankster suggests that motorists contact their MPs to put forward their suggestions for modifying the claim process.
The Parking Prankster