Saturday, 28 May 2016

MIL Collections cut and run

Truro court. Guest Report

On one of the threads I read that MIL try to trick people with an unsigned notice of discontinuation, so smiled when I received one from them; ha your not gonna have me over you monkeys.

So my day in court came, off I went fully one hundred % prepared; boy was I the best dressed man at Truro County Court. Asked what to do; told to click name on roster, and was very disappointed not to see my name. Asked the Usher why? Showed him the letter of discontinuation, told them it was a common trick they played, he smiled and went off to check, came back a few minutes later to tell me that yes they had discontinued. Damn it was I disappointed, the Usher was trying hard not to laugh. I took my jacket off, tore off my tie, unbuttoned my shirt and stormed out of the Court. So there you go, thanks for the inspiration, and yes you can beat these Monkeys.

Prankster Note

MIL's victim was correct to doubt to notice of discontinuance as parking companies have tried this kind of trick before. However the best way of making sure is probably to both phone the court to check and also cover yourself by writing to the court with a copy of the notice. This way, you will be covered if any shenanigans occur.

MIL Collections are obviously now running scared if they dare not even appear in their home court of Truro. The Prankster advises anyone who has been contacted by MIL Collections to get advice from pepipoo or moneysavingexpert to get help with a defence.

If you paid MIL (before a court claim was filed) then you may be able to get your money back by suing MIL. If you paid MIL after they filed a claim then the situation is more complicated. The Prankster is investigating the situation to see if any remedy is possible; watch this space.

Happy Parking

The Parking Prankster


  1. I attended Brecon CC on 18th May 2016 to try and represent my son who is resident in New Zealand and has been for the last 2 years. MIL Collections sent a representative to ask for an ajournment as they are awaiting the outcome of other cases. I attempted to object but apparently although I had written consent from my son 12,000 miles away the Judge stated I was not qualified to speak on his behalf. MIL had failed to provide papers to the Court but the Judge still allowed the adjournment. I would have thought the matter should have been dismissed. I now have to get my son to send a letter to the court or employ a solicitor. Not going to let go though. Any advice please?

  2. Please email me at and I will give you specific advice