The report details that two complaints have so far been investigated, and ParkingEye have been cleared. It also discloses that a number of complaints are still under investigation, but does not disclose how many. The Parking Prankster has been made aware of several complaints made to the SRA against ParkingEye and they certainly number more than two, so it seems as though there are a number of ongoing investigations.
The report also refuses to state whether it is Rachel Ledson who is being investigated, or some other solicitor working for ParkingEye.
For a list of other known solicitors working at ParkingEye, please refer to this previous Prankster article.
If you wish to complain about Rachel Ledson or any other solicitor working for ParkingEye, you can download the report form from this page.
Reasons you may report include the following
The Prankster considers the following behaviour worth considering reporting to the SRA by either a solicitor or the legal department under his or her control.
- Charging a £50 filing fee which is not actually incurred
- Starting a claim without sending a letter before claim
- Starting a claim without sending a letter before claim compliant with practice directions
- Starting a claim while the pre-action protocol is still taking place
- Providing false information to the court
- Providing witness statements containing statements not in the knowledge of the witness
- Providing incorrectly redacted contracts to the court
- Providing misleading information to the court
- Dealing with a case in ways which are not proportional to the amount involved
- Refusing to drop a case when there is no cause of action
- Lying to customers
If any of these have happened to you, then there is no time limit on complaints, so you can file at your leisure. Remember, if you do nothing, bad behaviour by solicitors will continue. It is only by taking the trouble to make the behavior known to the authorities that any bad behaviour will be stamped out
The Parking Prankster